Undiagnosed Fracture Claims

When a person gets involved in an accident and suffers an injury, the Accident and Emergency department is usually their first stop.  It is the responsibility of the staff at the A&E department of the hospital to diagnose a patient’s fracture depending on the symptoms they are experiencing.

But there are times when hospitals fail to do that.  if you have suffered as a result of undiagnosed fractures, you may be able to claim financial compensation.

It is the duty of the A&E staff to look for symptoms of a fracture. Certain tests may need to be carried out such as X rays to determine if the patient has really suffered a fracture injury.  Sometimes, patients are sent home with painkillers and other medications simply because the doctor has failed to see a fracture.

Other times, depending on the type of accident the patient was involved in and the symptoms they are experiencing, they may not be x-rayed.   The doctor may assume that a fracture injury may not have been sustained.  In such cases, a compensation claim may be possible if the doctor failed to carry out tests to diagnose your fracture.

A fracture can go undiagnosed due to a variety of reasons.  Some examples include:

  • Inexperienced doctor
  • Failure to carry out an X-ray depending on the description of the accident
  • It was difficult to see the fracture on the X ray
  • Fracture was not seen on the X-ray because the angle at which the X-ray was taken was wrong
  • A report suggesting patient has suffered a fracture injury not being passed to the doctor for further assessment
  • Symptoms not typical of a fracture injury and therefore no X ray taken at the first place

Making A Claim

If your fracture went undiagnosed due to medical negligence, we can assist you in bringing a medical negligence claim.

Our expert medical negligence claim solicitors will deal with your undiagnosed fracture claim on a no win no fee basis.

Our solicitors will also ensure that you recover maximum compensation for the pain and losses you have suffered.

You can call us today for free on our helpline number and we will arrange a discussion of your case.

Alternatively, you can complete the brief enquiry form on our website and we will call you back.